23 April 2010

TO ME:



I appreciate what you are doing with your website. Reading the Nisargadatta Gita combined with your direct insights into the experiences of those who write to you, has a unique precision and benefit that is lacking anywhere else I’m aware of.

I am still with it, reading the Nisargadatta Gita and meditating in the morning. I am at verse 148. Following the “feeling of being” wherever it arises in the body, but almost always observing it from the space atop my shoulders. Sometimes I am able to sink down into the warm radiance below my navel, or maybe it is expanding to encompass me up in my head?

Sometimes in meditation my understanding is: The fact that I exist IS what I AM. I AM the fact that I exist. Instead of being an instrument of perception, my body or subtle energy in the shape and position of my body, is just radiating the fact of my existence. Other times I momentarily feel that what I am is a wrinkle on the emptiness that is otherwise still; or something like an interference pattern made by this standing wave of vibration I am aware of, bouncing back on itself; or like a slight thickening of the electromagnetic spectrum. These are just ways of trying to describe my experience, I don’t know if they are true or not.

JJ


Any of your descriptions are excellent. I know exactly what you mean.

You are doing well.

Ed
I AM is a two-way street. It is the means by which I as the Absolute experience the finite, and the way for the finite to turn around and see it is already always the Absolute. I AM sits on the edge of a thin blade, it can see to one side or the other, or both at once.
I AM sings all notes all at once constantly, it is only perception which moves along picking out individual notes at different moments to make a melody out of it. I AM radiates constantly, with no pulsation or fluctuation, a standing wave that doesn’t really move.  I AM is local and non-local at the same time, like atoms.
I AM roars out of a floating point in my chest, creating the world and my perception of it simultaneously. I want to sit in this all day long, forever.

With gratitude,
JJ

1 comment:

  1. Dear Ed,
    Two words were missing from the start of my letter: “I appreciate” what you are doing with this website. I accept this as a subtle lesson, because these words are too often missing from my own attitude and speech, as well. Precision, even delivered through accidental imprecision.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete