19 July 2022

                                  The  Great Realization

 

Edward Muzika

 

Recently, I received a request for help message as follows:

 

“I have been a seeker for many many years. I live in the UK. I have journeyed to Sedona many times in the past to attend courses with Hale (Dwoskin). I have also spent time with Pamela Wilson and Laura in the past; and many others.

 

“How is it possible to transcend the false self delusion that I exist as an entity separate from the all? Thank you.”

 

My response was:

 

Sorry, I’m not bunch aware of what Hale or Pamela teach, but it’s probably deeper and more subtle than merely to transcend the small or false self. But I note that some neo-Advaitin teachers teach exactly that.

 

I think it’s sad that these teachers believe that enlightenment is so simple as realizing you are not a separate self but are instead part of the whole, which would mean the whole of existence or the whole of consciousness. Sadder is that they pass this on as the supreme truth. This is a severe limitation and restriction of understanding of what enlightenment really is. Enlightenment is far, far more subtle and dramatic than what is portrayed above.

 

For me enlightenment includes several separate major realizations obtained through direct awakening experiences and then by filling in the resulting understanding with secondary experiences and reasoning later. Enlightenment is much more than accepting that a concept of oneness is true. This is just conceptual understanding without an enlightenment experience to back it. Without that experience, the concept is no more than hearsay.

 

First, you must understand that you and everything around you, all objects in consciousness as well as consciousness itself, are completely empty. They have no substance, although they appear to have substance.  In fact they are just phenomena. The underlying real is not experienced or realized because it is beyond consciousness, existence, and the world, thus beyond knowledge or expression, and you are that real existing prior to consciousness and the world. To really know this, you  have to have the experience, or awareness, of consciousness as coming to you, who yourself has no prior self-aware existence.

 

 

Even more than that, there is a third class of experiences and knowledge or understanding you must attain separate from the above. I call that the realm of Shakti, of which the most important happening is the realization and experience of God within. You and God coexist in your life; he is a companion but also is living through you as the life force. You are never alone. 

 

His presence as the life force is always with you from the time you become aware of God in a God realization experience, which I also call realization of the manifest self. After that point your life is automatically guided by the divine and you leave the world of the mundane entirely behind. Although you live in the world of the mundane and apparently live in it quite easily, in fact you no longer live in the mundane world but in the divine world and both worlds touch in a way that your actions in the divine world appear to be actions in the mundane world also. Thus you can go unrecognized by anyone as different.

 

Of the three experiences, that of the emptiness of all things, and that you are ontologically prior to consciousness, the most important is the third, God-realization which gives birth to the life divine and allows you to progress into understanding deeper levels of self like emptiness, and your separation from consciousness. Yet even in the vast emptiness you experience, you are still extremely happy, despite the fact that you appear to live in the same world of mundanity as everyone else. In fact, you now live in the divine, no longer human, no longer mundane.

 

Attaining all three types of experiences means you have entirely gone beyond the human world, and perceive the real nature of existence as emptiness, energies, consciousness, etc., all of which you are beyond. They all come to you unbidden, such as when you were born which happened to you without your request. You are forced into it. And with the realization of the divine, you inherit a degree of spiritual energies which influences others and allows you to become teachers of freedom. The degree of such energies you obtain is based on  how pure you have become, how empty, humble. When you are empty of past knowing and desires, you perceive more readily emptiness and that you are beyond consciousness and existence. Then you revel in your own selfless self.

 

The world is not you.

Consciousness is not you.

Your body and mind are not you.

Sentience perceives all of the above.

Existence comes to sentience.

But only sentience, the subject, is real.

Its abode is Nothingness.

 

A POEM:

 

 

Consciousness is a visitor, Nothingness is the host

 

 

From nothingness each morning I come

 

Into nothingness each night I am absorbed

 

From nothingness I came as a sentient being 80 years ago

 

And to nothingness I will be absorbed

 

Each sentient being, each body, each mind is a portal and consciousness through which existence is known

 

But I the knower cannot myself be no because I do not exist within consciousness

 

And only conscious things can be known

 

Nothing is my origin and destination each day of my life and of

 

And of each life I live  

 

Through me all knowledge of everything arises

 

In each sentient being living and dying in consciousness I am the portal to the infinite.

 

Those sentient beings are infinite, nowhere am I separate, for I'm not an entity, but the functioning of everything






2The Dance Between Nothing And Everything

 

From nothingness each morning I come

 

Into nothingness each night I am absorbed

 

From nothingness I came as a sentient being 80 years ago

 

And to nothingness I will be absorbed

 

Each sentient being, each body, each mind is a portal and consciousness through which existence is known

 

But I the knower cannot myself be no because I do not exist within consciousness

 

And only conscious things can be known

 

Nothing is my origin and destination each day of my life and of

 

And of each life I live  

 

Through me all knowledge of everything arises

 

In each sentient being living and dying in consciousness I am the portal to the infinite.

 

Those sentient beings are infinite, nowhere am I separate, for I'm not an entity, but the functioning of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment